Saturday, December 11, 2010

Long overdue Update

I happend upon my blog this morning and found an anonymous comment to my last post. Life has surely been busy.

I had a baby boy named Yousef on July 14th. This one sweet little baby who officially sent us on a new journey one that was nearly 7 years in the making. We put off having children for a long time due to my husband's immigration situation so he is the ultimate symbol of a normal life for us. Life is just that. Normal. I'm still working nights but with a different schedule and less hours than I was before. This allows me to stay home with Yousef during the day, and my husband care for Yousef at night while I work. As far as my little men are concerned, I am a stay at home mommy. It's a lot of work but it's very rewarding. I haven't felt so happy in such a long time and inshaAllah it will continue.

Abdurahman is now in the second grade. He loves school especially math, and he does very well. He's a wonderful big brother.

My husband is working. It's long hours and the money isn't as good as when he was over the road, but I have a gread job and we're together. That's all that matters.

As for me, I'm healing. I'm learning to come to terms with what's happened in our lives, and I'm slowly moving on. I don't have those constant nagging feels like I did a year ago. It's still there just not as much. I'm loving this life we're living, and I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers during that difficult time in my life.

11 Comments:

Blogger AlabasterMuslim said...

I love this post. It reminds me of what happened with my family- though my step father is never allowed in the u.s. again and my mother will always be living overseas with him. But you are together, and have a wonderful new little boy. You are right, alhamdullilah that is all that matters. But now you need to change the title of your blog!! :) You are no longer a mother of one :D alhamdullilah. May allah swt bless you and keep your family together happy, healthy and upon the deen, forever. ameen.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Rainbow In The Grey Sky said...

Asalamu alakum sister
subhan Allah i came by your blog just the other week and i was wondering what had become of you. MashaAllah mubrok, congratulations on the new arrival. Its so lovely to read your again after so long and Alhamduillah for all blessings..

11:37 AM  
Blogger Fruitful Fusion said...

Assalaamu Alaykum,

So good to read your update. Mabrook on the birth of your baby.

12:14 PM  
Blogger jazain said...

some blogs you just cant delete in hopes that this person will come along again and let us know how they are doing....and it happened here. alhamdulillah. thank you so much for letting us know what has happened in your life. what blessings.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations-hope you and baby are doing well! I was the anonymous who sent the comment in your last post--Thanks so much for updating us-and please continue...please share some baby photos also! Anon from South Africa

5:49 AM  
Blogger pRasad said...

Many Congrats :)

I liked your posts..

To be honest, while reading I got engrossed in them..liked the way you narrate..
Following this blog :)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Machallah loving your writing sis! Mabrouk on your baby!I know how you feel about the big change children bring. myself i had 2 right aftee each other - many even think they are twins. life is not easy or boring ever with them lol!

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and read all of your posts in one sitting. I felt like I was reading a beautiful, inspirational book about hardship and faith. Congratulations and God Bless.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalaamu 'alaykum sister Umm Abdurrahman,

I too came across your blog today and read all your entries in one sitting. I can only agree with the Anonymous commenter above in saying that yours is truly an incredible journey of hardship and perseverance, may Allaah reward you immensely for all you have been through, Ameen.

It has been almost four years since your last entry so I don't expect you to return to or even remember your blog, but I just wanted to let you know your story was a very inspirational one. It has caused me to reflect upon my own state and how I'm using minor difficulties to complain and wallow when I should be doing so much more. May Allaah bless you sister and guide us all, Ameen.

I hope you and your beautiful family are doing well.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think life is a journey not a destination. I appreciate your effort. Keep it up and try to do something better for Muslim ummah especially Muslim Women.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Asalamu alakum sister..

You wrote this six years before, now i hope the baby become a 6 year old smart boy, and hope he got younger brothers or sisters.. when they grow up tell them to use Muslim matrimonial website waytonikah.com to find their life partner.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home